Friday 3 November 2017

Qing Dao, Jiao Zhou - The Unpremeditatedly & Impetuous Trip

说走就走-我人生第一次的任性之旅.


It was a Saturday and he will be flying off  that night to Qing Dao for a business trip.
He do not want to spend his Sunday alone and miserably as he only need to attend a meeting on Monday..  therefore he kept bugging me to go with him ever since he woke up in the morning.

Finally, it was in the early evening, I relented to follow him on the trip, barely 10 minutes, my flight was confirmed. It was beyond belief for me to go on a trip without any single planning. I don't have anytime to google the place at all! The only thing I googled on was the weather...

I packed my luggage within 45 minutes, and another 15 minutes later, we are on the way to the airport....

The feeling was so un-real....  6 hours later, we landed Qing Dao Liu Ting International airport... 11 degree Celsius greeted me on my 1st breath in Qing Dao.



The weather was simply too great. Though the weather was pretty chilly but the sun was glaring.. Luckily I got my sunblock with me.
Jiaozhou was about 45 minute ride away, this is a newly developed city, a lot of residential high rise building. Our driver said these residents work in Jiaozhou, their working place is barely 20 minutes away only. Government structured here as industrial area, even Pierre Cardin's factory is here too.
Checked into the best hotel here is JiaoZhou - Sheraton. As his company's factory is located here as well, Sheraton is their company only hotel for all staff that are here on working trip.
Well, I never know that he is actually a Sheraton's Preferred Guest, we really got a real nice room that come with a walk-in wardrobe.








Being an "empty" tourist here, I decided to check out with the concierge about local attractions, shopping or entertainment. That staff introduced me the JiaoZhou Bay bridge which I was not keen due to the distance. If I want to see the real Qing Dao, I must visit the downtown that will be 1.5hrs ride away! If not, the best shopping mall here in Jiao Zhou is Bao Long shopping mall which is barely 5 minutes ride away. Leaving with no alternative, we reached Bao Long shopping mall within 5 minutes.

This is a 4-stories building, similar to our AMK hub's size.
Beside restaurants from Malaysia, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, authentic local food is here too.
Likewise food, clothing shop for young and old, accessories shops, arcade even cinema too.


Lunch at a Japanese ramen restaurant.. the soup is really not bad.



There is a mega supermarket just like our Giant's size, whatever you want, you name it, they have it.
I am here for my most favourite yogurt drink - An Mu Xi.

At the back of Bao Long, there are a few rows of double storeys shops mainly on food, some cafes, some lifestyle shops.
We decided to chill at the real cool place. Not only the interior decoration was cosy, the staff service here was great too.





As for dinner, we had hotpot at a local "Romance of the 3 kingdoms" themed restaurant.




The next day, I got sunrise view from my window at 630am.
Breakfast was at the hotel. Though it is Sheraton but the breakfast was quite a let down.
There were empty tables but full of dirty plates, there were 3 staffs "guarding" at 2 "reserved tables instead. And only 2 female staff was actually really working. Not enough staff to manage the whole restaurant at all. Beside of dirty tables, there were shortage of coffee cups, butter etc.. I just quickly wanna get out of the restaurant.
He left for work at 8am, he discouraged me to venture out alone. I understand where he was coming from thus I promised to rest in the room and explore the hotel later.

He back to the hotel around 4pm, soon we went Bao Long again... where else ?
This round, we decided on Beijing's Hutong restaurant.
Frankly speaking, actually I do not wish to write this blog for this trip but because of this dinner, I changed my mind.

look atas

老火鸭汤-炖了24小时
        






Add caption

There are 3 way to eat Peking Duck.
1) Strictly skin, dip some sugar and eat it while still hot - it just melts in the mouth.
2) fill the meat inside the 空心bread and chew it.
3) The usual way, wrap it with the white skin, add cucumber and sauce

 
 
this is how it look like on the 3rd eating




Last 2 photo here is 红烧新鲜鱼翅,fresh shark fin, not the sharkfin soup we had in the usual wedding dinner. 

Lastly the bill was SGD55.00!!!!

Before we end our short trip, we went for a foot & body massage. This 2hr service at RMB258 which is about SGD50! We got a room for 2, the movie on the TV was "我家有个河东狮“






No comments:

Post a Comment