Friday 13 October 2017

Sakura is blooming everywhere!


“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”




Barely 4 months since my last visit to Japan.
I always wanted to see these sakura in Japan itself since many many years back... 2017, I am not going to miss it. 





03Apr 

The first breath of Japanese air in Narita Airport at 12 degrees. 
 It took me 1.5hrs to reach Shinagawa by train from Narita.


After checking in to Shinagawa Prince Hotel, we grabbed a quick dinner at Shinagawa station. 




Despite it was a cold night as it was raining rather heavy, it will not stop me to visit Naka-Meguro via Hibiya line, transit from Ebisu. The night view of Sakura along Meguro river is average though I got a closed up look on them... nevertheless I believed they will be prettier in the day view. 








ps : Shinagawa is super busy place with many many lines intersecting it.. 

 04Apr 

We started today with yummy breakfast from the hotel.

This is the scene of Shinagawa Station at 9am, it took us some challenge to walk to the ticketing booth.

Took an hour train to Yokohama where he have a business meeting here.

While he is busy working, I waited for him while spending my time at a cafe ,exploring the area, taking some photos of Sakura here.








Finally he is done by lunch, we have our lunch at the mall here.



Happened to pass by this shop, I really wish to bring one back but this is just too heavy.


Last few shots here before we head back to Tokyo.



I drop at Ooimachi station to start my ME day.. while he went to Tokyo for another business meeting. 


I visited Can*Do 100yen shop & Itoyokado supermarket to buy instant mee... before heading back to Shinagawa to drop my loots and meet up with him for wonderful expensive dinner at Imaiya Ropponggi for sukiyaki & BBQ.

05Apr 
Simple breakfast of coconut honey toast to start my ME day before I head for Yoyogi Park at Harajuku.. 

It is annual tradition that the locals will be here to picnic during sakura blooming period.. Luckily I managed to get someone helped me with the photos. 







Indeed these sakura are such a beauty, I had a taste os sakura ice -cream too.. . 


Early noon, went over to Takeshita street... this place is much crowded than Bugis. 


At the Daiso, I swept Sakura related essential oils, candles, joss stick, etc.. 



My break at a cafe here before I head over to Shibuya to meet him soon. 

The first stop here in Shibuya is Don Quijote as he is coming soon to meet me here.



Finally he is here and we will be having shabu shabu for dinner. 


Walking along Shibuya is very interesting....



especially the famous SHIBUYA CROSSING.... 


06Apr 

Breakfast at Anna Miller before I start my ME day.     



I will be visiting to Kichijoji, This is a place where 80% are locals... At the shopping streets, the shops here are all by it own like a private house.


My lunch today is very simple, just a roasted sweet potatoe from Don Donki which I forgotten to snap a photo. I only got this in the Don Donki here.



Back to hotel rest and drop my loot before he joining me for our night out to Shinjuku. 

Our simple dinner at any restaurant here...


We headed to Shinjuku's Kabuki-cho red light district. The service shops here & love hotels are very well organised, not like Singapore where the streets walkers roam freely & looking out for customers. It is illegal to stand in the streets in Japan. All of them waited behind doors. The duck shops here are classier than chicken shop. hahahhaa.



07Apr 

A great Japanese breakfast at hotel before we start our WE DAY.

We went to Ueno Park to adore Sakura today. This is a great place for photo taking! 









There is even a small bazaar here for the visitors. 




Late morning went to Ameyoko Street.. Things here are much much cheaper.. Again this is the place for the locals. I saw men's belt at 500yen only.. alot of cheap things here. Very interesting place.  






After some look look see see,  we saw this and decided for a break.


Decided another break for this.. 



Finally reached Sensoji Temple at Akasuka. My personal thoughts is that though this place is one of the most beautiful heritage here but it is too commercial. 



We walk further more to Sumida park for more sakura huntings.



Dinner at ramen street opposite Shinagawa Prince before head back to pack luggage.



It is time to check out.

Board a airport bus direct from our hotel.

See my last photo here at Narita Airport, I look so sad. 

Last minute shopping on Sakura stuff before boarding. 


This trip on Sakura huntings & Sakura food tastings is completed. Next Japan's stop is HOKKAIDO!
See you soon ! 











































No comments:

Post a Comment